Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hug.

Over the past 2~3 days I've been seeing/hearing/doing this world alot.

"Hello! Long time no see *hugs*"

"Bye see you soon! *hugs*"

*Sees someone in a club but the music is so loud so all you can do is wave, smile and give a hug*

Many many personal messages on MSN saying "Need a hug now" , or "would really appreciate a hug", or something along that line.

Jia-Li's spastic "Huu-huuu-huuug".

Shen telling me about Jay Son who always go "Bro, hug" while spreading his arms whilst lying in bed in the morning.

Hugging bolster/pillow to sleep. Okay I meant this one as a joke haha.

But then again, this hugging thing has been pretty normal, at least to my social circle.

It's probably something that comes together with a Hello or Goodbye. Something people do just as a courtesy or because its the norm nowadays.

But for me, I believe hugs serve a better purpose. Something deeper. Like how swimming pools appear shallower than they are due to refraction, but when you add in all the calculations (light bending/ angle of refraction etc) you'll know its true depth.

Just by hugs alone, we can interpret many things.

Whenever I give or get a hug, I sort of get a hidden message.

If someone gives you a long, tight hug it feels as if he or she says "Hey it's so good to see you, really glad to see you!"

But if it's like just some brief, half-hearted one then it explains "Yea okay whatever".

So yea, I cherish hugs! It makes life feel like there's more love and compassion in it.

People always say I give great hugs.

Now you probably know why, cause there are feelings and a certain warmth and cosiness that comes along with it =).

So watch the video below and be inspired! Props to Arif who told me about it.


No comments: