Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Change

Everything's changing.

I miss the good ol' high school days. 5 years of the same thing, with more funny wtf random moments every passing year. Friendships blossom incredibly fast when you're in high school. Even if you are in a new class, everyone seems to be everyone's good friend within a fortnight.

Whatever happened to that feeling of familiarity, that warm and close feeling whenever you enter a class. The feeling where people acknowledge you and knows who you are and which group you belong to in a typical class (i.e. the cool group, nerd group, slack group etc).

Who could've guessed how many things can change within a year.

Last year, I can never hope to be in an empty apartment sitting by the computer looking out the window watching people hopping on and off the trams.

Now here I am, in an empty apartment sitting by the computer looking out the window watching people hopping on and off the trams.

And yet I wear the same clothes. The same brown hoodie I brought with me from home, that bears signs of being over-worn.

There's a saying that goes "For things to change, I must change first".

But is it wrong to say that I've not changed? Then why is it that everything else has changed?

Hmm.

It's weird how suddenly everyone you were, or at least you thought you were close to appear so distant to you. Now that's a change too, right? But I haven't been doing anything significant that is changing my lifestyle to any extent.

One year, is that all it takes? 365 days and you feel completely different from 365 days ago. Oh god now I don't even know what I'm talking about. I think I'm contradicting myself.

No comments: