Monday, September 14, 2009

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

They never stop. Until, about an hour or two past midnight. The trams, that is. One of the many reasons I like staying in my current apartment; trams.

Trams are so different from other public transports, I reckon. You don't have to wait too long before another one arrives to pick you up and zoom you into the buzz of the city. Whereas taking a train gives me an implication that it'll be a long journey. And most taxis deteriorates your nose and olfactory system. Buses, I rarely see them, at least in Melbourne.

One can hop in and out of a tram whenever, no 20 minute rides before the next stop, no being tortured by the BO of the dude next to you for too long, etc.

Sitting in my apartment, I can clearly see the Melbourne Uni tram stop. Sometimes I get this strange bizarre feeling watching the many people rushing to and from work/university. I feel all psyched to go to uni and experience life with everyone else, knowing I'm not the only one going through this. Most of the time, though, I feel content sitting at home, looking at their miserable faces and I can't help but laugh at the shit they are going to face for the next 7 hours or so.

But then suddenly a thought struck me, why does it always seem like a bad thing, going to work/uni? Where did this mentality come from?

So I pondered more. The situation is so that most university students have actually no idea what they are studying, nor do they actually like the subjects they are doing. They are studying because mum and dad wants them to (at least to most Asians). They don't know how the subjects they learned will help them with their jobs. That's why most of them end up with jobs they don't like.

Then I thought about myself. I'm doing digital arts. I would much rather do this than engineering or commerce, but yet I get the "Shit I've got class tomorrow" feeling everytime. My parents were supportive in what I wanted to do, although they're both in business. Then where the fack did this feeling develop? Because I actually like my course! Ahh!

I feel like a lost soul wandering aimlessly looking for an answer.

Speaking of lost, I've been seeing signs along the roads of Melbourne saying "John come home; we forgive you; grandma is in heaven now; dad and mom forgive you" and the likes.

I'm guessing, John accidentally killed his grandmother and ran away. Ah, how sad.

Life sucks.

I've got an assignment due Thursday.

No comments: