Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Chapter 8: Friends or Foes?

Form 1 passed by, gone like the wind. As I stepped upon the class 2 Cempaka, I feel that special feeling. The feeling I had long forgotten. I call that feeling, stress. I was surrrounded by many unfamiliar faces, except for a few, who came up to this class with me, mostly nerds (except me). The class was filled with happiness and joy, as many of the unfamiliar ones chatted with each other. I took the back seat of the class, with my trustworthy Cinapek friend, Benson. We both studied and examined everyone in the class. Like all other classes, the class is divided to a few groups. The "Smart and Quiet's", the "Nerdy and Freaky's", and the "OMG so Cool's". Majority of them were the OMG so Cool's. Oh, that year, there was also the "Reject" and the "Neutrals". I'll consider myself a Neutral.

Friendships blossomed between me and my new classmates within the first 6 months of that year, as my relationships with people in the other classes declined. I'm sorry to all those I had ignored in that year (e.g. Ken, Nik Q and few others, sowi). For all that made my year 2003 unforgetable, I appreciate that. I sincerely thank (in no particular order) Chin Keong, my "cousin", Hon Sen, Nut, JY, Joshua, Faridq, Nigel, Yun, Joyce, Siew May, Mei Yen, Aza, Her Royal Highness Nurul (I was more like insulthing her and her torn ligaments =D), Li Hong, the "Nerd and Freaks", the Tan's (Jay Son and Hui Eng), VK, and Tze Lin. For now, my memory only serves me that much. If I had forgotten any, please forgive me, I'm not a perfect person, there's many things I wish I didn't do (OK, if I continue I'll sing the whole song out).

Some in the list might not regard me as friends, but I, being gullible and naive, regard them as friends, for they guided me through my seconds, my minutes, my hours, my days, my weeks, my months, my years, my life. No man can survive without friends, and these people helped me survive. Throughout my life, I wondered, what is the purpose of my existence? Was it to irritate or to insult? No. I now know that I live not for myself, but for my friends and family. For they were always there for me, and I should always be there for them. I'll always cherish my friends. They are my fortune and my wealth.

No comments: