Monday, August 13, 2007

Routine: an unvarying or habitual method or procedure

A long time ago I used to think about my current life. College life. I fantasized about its wonders, as I have many friends who where elder than me, and all of them were enjoying their college lives. They seemed so stress-free, carefree, free. Just free. I hear about their endeavours to the cyber cafes. I hear about them having a break every other hour or so. By the end of form 4, I had been longing for that kind of lifestyle.

Everything turned out wrong. Maybe it's just Taylor's, but life has been treating me very ruthlessly. Sure, I do get to go out during Friday's and weekends, but summing it up, I just get more tired and lethargic. Meeting up and talking with friends, old and new, is great. More often than not, dumb things happens and jokes are constantly being cracked up. But come to think of it, at the end of the day, the weekend will die out, and here comes Monday.

I never liked Mondays. It's the day when you feel like sleeping for another hour or so (maybe 2, 3. For me, 5) You lie awake on your bed, contemplating to sleep for another 5 minutes or to go soften your morning wood, if you know what I mean (Hehe, for guys only!)

Then it's back to routine. All the way till Friday! For me, it's:

Waking up at 6.30, go college at 7.00, reach by 7.30~7.45, bum on the staircase till 8.00, have class till break (which is either 9, 10, 11 or 12), watch Mr Munin having war with Chinky in class, Try (but to no prevail) to understand Spec Maths by Mr Woon, Try (again, to no prevail) not to visit www.addictinggames.com or www.friendster.com or http://twpanda.blogspot.com (to see chatterbox, hoping some famous ass will drop by) during IT class, bum during English class, try (no point trying actually) not to fall asleep during physics class, ask Jocien what time he's going home, and if it's later than 3, end up becoming 2nd hand smoker in Asia Club playing foosball, then at 4.30 go back home, then nap (varies time to time), then dinner, then I start hoping I get an epiphany to do my homework (But God hates me, so I never get that sudden realization), then I bum online, then I sleep. Then encore for the next day!

Oh, I forgot to add looking at girls early in the morning and during break, and sometimes after college.

And now, it is time for me to apply for universities. I suddenly wonder, what have I been doing the past 8 months? I never really thought of my future, my ambitions, my career. I just wanted to enjoy life, like how other people do when they were in college, but why is everything so.. different?

Earlier on I mentioned life is a routine, but now I realise that it isn't as simple as it seems. I've been looking at life from a very acute angle. If one plans for the future, there isn't exactly a routine in life. Heck, I might even be dead tomorrow (I am touching wood, heh). So, what does the word routine actually means?



On another note, it's Tara's birthday!

Happy birthday Tara. Thinking back, I've never really known her till I entered college. Never spoke a word to her in school, but got closer after I leave, talk about irony!

Tara's one tarafic person (lame lame lame). She's currently SSC's head prefect and a great woman to get along with! And did I mention that she gives me a vague impression of Emma Watson? They do look abit similar and especially in Harry Potter 5, where Emma (Hermione) goes "Grawp! *points finger* Put me down! Now!" Hehe. Somehow, every other cempakan, except for me, has purrrfect English, and this girl here is a great example.

The one in red


Heehee


Happy birthday you!

No comments: